- Z. Chen and C. D. Hauck, Multiscale convergence properties for spectral approximations of a model kinetic equation, Mathematics of Computation, accepted (2018). PDF
- Z. Chen, L. Liu and L. Mu, DG-IMEX Stochastic Galerkin schemes for LinearTransport Equation with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, Journal of Scientific Computing (2017), 73(2), 566-592. PDF
- H. Huang, Z. Chen, J. Li and J. Yan, Direct discontinuous Galerkin method and its variations for second order elliptic equations, Journal of Scientific Computing (2017), 70(2), 744-765. PDF
- Z. Chen, H. Huang and J. Yan, Third order Maximum-Principle-Satisfying Direct discontinuous Galerkin methods for time dependent convection diffusion equations on unstructured triangular meshes, Journal of Computational Physics, v308(2016), pp.198-217. PDF
- Y. Chen, Z. Chen, Y. Cheng, A. Gillman and F. Li, Study of Discrete Scattering Operators for Some Linear Kinetic Models, S. C. Brenner (Editor), In Topics in Numerical Partial Differential Equations and Scientific Computing, Springer-Verlag New York, IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, Vol. 160(2016), pp.99-136. PDF
- Z. Chen and C.-W. Shu, Recovering exponential accuracy in Fourier spectral methods involving piecewise smooth functions with unbounded derivative singularities , Journal of Scientific Computing, v65(2015), pp.1145-1165. PDF
- Z. Chen and C.-W. Shu, Recovering exponential accuracy from collocation point values of smooth functions with end-point singularities, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, v265 (2014), pp.83-95. PDF
Selection of recent talks
- Invited talk: International Conference On Spectral And High Order Methods (ICOSAHOM), Imperial College London, United Kingdom, July 9-13, 2018.
- Seminar talk: CSCAMM Seminar, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, November1, 2017.
- Invited talk: 25th International Conference on Transport Theory, Monterey, CA, October19,2017.
- Invited talk: CAM Seminar,Computer Science and Mathematics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, October 12, 2017
- Invited talk: The 3rd Annual Meeting of SIAM Central States Section, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, September 29 - October 1, 2017.
- Invited talk: the SIAM-AWM Workshop, the SIAM Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, July 10-14 2017.
- Invited talk: 2016 SIAM Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, July 11-15, 2016.
- Invited talks: the 11th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications, Orlando, FL, July 1-5,2016.
- Invited talk: the 40th SIAM southeastern Atlantic Section conference, Athens, GA, March 12-13, 2016.
- Seminar talk: CAM Seminar, Computer Science and Mathematics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, March 3, 2016.
- Seminar talk: UTK CAM seminar, Mathematics Department, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN ,March 2, 2016.
- Seminar talk, Computational and Applied Mathematics Seminar, Department of Mathematics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, November 19, 2015.
- Seminar talk: CAM Seminar, Computer Science and Mathematics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, August 27, 2015.
- Invited talk: AWM Workshop for Women Graduates Students and Recent PhDs, SIAM CSE 2015, Salt Lake City, UT, March 14-18, 2015.
- Seminar talk: Computational and Applied Mathematics Seminar, Department of Mathematics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, September 15, 2014.
- Progress report: IMA Special Workshop: WhAM! A Research Collaboration Workshop for Women in Applied Mathematics: Numerical Partial Differential Equations and Scientific Computing, Minneapolis, MN, August 12-14, 2014.
- Seminar talk: Department of Imaging Physics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, July 16, 2014.
- Seminar talk: Department of Mathematics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, April 15, 2014.
- Invited talk: 2014 Joint Mathematics Meetings, Baltimore, MD, January 15-18, 2014
- Invited talk: SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Boston, MA, March 1, 2013